About the Role
1. Be a growth leader for your category across the country, and in all the cities
2. Own the customer funnel and life cycle for your category.
3. Lead the prioritization and development of the category, and to maximize overall profitability. by applying understanding of retailer economics, product lifecycle management and inventory control to drive profitable volume. To apply consumer and marketplace insights to maximize return from consumer and product segments.
4. Maintaining an assortment strategy that matches consumer profile, market requirements and the direction of the business. Responsible for pricing strategy and promotions and plans to drive work processes and relationship improvements with supply partners.
5. Prepare customer communication plan, and in-app merchandising for category.
6. Influence various teams/stakeholders within the organization (planning, category buyside, marketing, CRM, storefront etc.) to meet goals.
7. Proactively understand consumer behavior, spot trends in the market.
8. Conduct regular promotional analysis. To develop in-store discount strategies for the brand / categories to deliver category goals and performance targets.
9. Collate market information for understanding competition trends, consumer preferences and fine-tuning assortment strategies.
10. Plan products/assortment size as per the footage requirement of the stores that make up a fair representation of the optimal merchandise category assortment and its segmentation from the consumer’s perspective while delivering the planned returns per square foot. Conduct regular analysis on subcategories, segments, brands, sku based on consumer, retailer, supplier and market information.
11. Work with the buyside category team to drive selection strategy to enhance customer conversion.
12. Work closely with city or regional teams to have city level plans for category’s growth.
13. Work closely with marketing on category specific brand campaigns.
14. Support business decisions by formulating hypotheses, structured problem solving, analyze relevant data to verify hypotheses and prepare documentation to communicate the results with insights.
Qualifications & Experience
● MBA/Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
● Work experience as a category growth leader for at least 36 months in an e-commerce firm.
● Experience in retail/FMCG, understanding buying/supply dynamics preferable.
● Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases (SQL exposure a must).
● Able to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment and to interact effectively with all levels of management.
● Results oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, can work individually with minimal or no supervision